Friday 12 September 2014


Welcome to the Tiki Torch Café!  I’m your hostess, Tricia Alexander, and today’s specials include-

 

Ah, Tricia?  I’m not here to eat, I’m here to interview you.  Have a seat and say hello to all my friends out in cyberspace.

 

(Sitting down)  Oh my, what an honor!  Kenzie, I just sent you a friend request.  Just a moment.  Justin?  Two iced teas please…okay, now where were we?

 

By now, readers have seen the excerpt I posted about your reaction to Brock.  Inquiring minds want to know, how long did it really take for you to accept the fact he was an alien?

 

(Lowers voice)  It still boggles my mind every time he transports, or one of the Elders talks to us through my TV set, or even the fact he can communicate telepathically.

 

I can imagine!  Is TriJupe really as beautiful as it sounds?

 

Better.  (Beverages arrive)  Thank you, J.  Remember the images of Risa, on Deep Space Nine?  That was my impression.  Brock assured me it does rain every two weeks or so.  I was fortunate to be there on sunny days.

 

Is dating an alien any different from dating a human?  Aside from the differences you’ve already mentioned.

 

The only difference I notice is his confusion over some pop culture references.  Every once in a while I’ll say something and he’ll take it literally, like ‘pop a squat’ or ‘that’ll do, pig’ (from Babe), and he looks confused.  It shows he didn’t hang around me all the time, which is a relief!  He doesn’t understand my love of the movie Spinal Tap either.

 

I love that movie!  (sings ‘Sex Farm Woman’ and Tricia joins in for a few bars.  We get stares from the other patrons)  Uh-oh, I think we’re the only ones who ‘tap’ into this music.

 

That’s okay.  He has to return home for one of our Earth days, so come over and we’ll watch it together.  Rocky Horror also confuses him.  (Breaks into ‘Sweet Transvestite’)

 

We’re getting slightly off track.  You mentioned on of our Earth days.  What’s the time difference between Earth and TriJupe?

 

From what I understand, one Earth day equals one week on TriJupe.  This is where it gets confusing, since one year on TriJupe is equal to about six weeks on Earth.  Brock is actually nearly twice my age, though he only looks thirty-five.  People also live longer on his planet.

 

I’ve been given a few questions to ask you, if you don’t mind.  Do you have any annoying habits which are not shown in the book?

 

(Laughs)  Brock says I snore.  Justin would say I tend to micro-manage the café instead of trusting him.  In my defense, he’d have more of a jungle motif in here if I’d let him!

 

(Looking around at the tropical paradise theme with a few plants, tiki torches, and island pictures).  Yes, too much greenery would swallow this space.

 

Thank you! I am thinking of adding a small fish tank over there.  Stacy, one of the servers, loves Beta fish, and since they’re pretty easy to care for, we may get a few, plus goldfish.  Come back in a few months to see if we’re successful.

 

I’ll do that.  Do you have any hobbies?

 

I read and am horribly addicted to Reality TV.

 

Is Brock a good kisser?

 

Oh my, yes.  He’s the best!

 

Describe a typical Saturday.

 

Justin and I split the day.  I work until two or three, then he takes the evening shift.  Before Brock, I’d have dinner or drinks with friends, then either a night on the town or going to see a movie.  Now, Brock and I spend the evening together, and he’s still learning about humans.

 

Even though he’s observed you all these years?

 

He says the observation wasn’t 24/7, it was more like an hour or so every day.  Brock also observed others, and he’s done remarkable well enough to blend into our society, but like I said, something every now and then still trips him up.

 

One last question:  Are you happy with the title?

 

Definitely!  I think Heart’s Last Chance is a wonderful title.  I really liked Star-Crossed Lovers, but wasn’t that fond of Star Bond.  I’m so happy you changed it!

 

Me too.  (stands)  I look forward to seeing you again, Tricia.

 

Come by any time.  Have a croissant on the house.  (Leads me to the pastry counter)

 

Thank you!  Now for a short excerpt from Heart’s Last Chance, which arrives Sept. 18th from Secret Cravings Publishing.

 

Blurb:

Tricia Alexander's dreams are haunted by a mystery lover.  When she discovers the man she met in a nightclub is from another planet, will she accept his story or kick him out?

 

Brock was young Tricia's imaginary friend and confidant, and watched her grow up over the years.  After gaining permission from the leaders of his planet, he sought to bond with her twice before, but with little results.  When he's given a final chance, will he succeed?  Or will a family crisis prove too much?

 

 

Excerpt:

“Are you a person? Or are you a little green man on your planet? A wisp of light? A hideous creature?”

 

“While I’m with you, I’ll be in human form.” Brock touched his lips to the sensitive area under her left ear.

 

“But when you’re not?”

 

“Darling Tricia…do we have to go through this now?” His hands peeled the straps of her bra down her arms. “I want you naked in my arms, my lips on your body, and your sighs in my ears.” He scooped both breasts into his palms, loving the way her nipples hardened into points. “Does my language turn you on?” Brock traced the swell of each breast with a light finger.

 

Her breath hitched. “I just wanted to be sure I wouldn’t wake up and find you in your natural form, whatever it is.” Tricia’s voice dropped to a whisper when he sucked her left nipple into his mouth. “Brock…is that even your name?”

 

Brock lifted his head. “It’s the closest translation of my name, BaRok. Now I see the only way to get you to be quiet is to either kiss you or give that mouth something to do. Which will it be?” He picked her up and laid her on the bed, pulling her thong down her legs.

 

Tricia licked her lips. “What will you give my mouth? You’re wearing too many clothes.”

 

Brock unbuttoned his shirt and threw it on the floor, then slipped out of the rest of his clothing. He cupped his erection in his palm. “Where does my vixen want my cock? In your mouth or your glistening pussy?”

 

 

(Hands me the steaming croissant filled with chocolate)  Ohhh, if I’d known you were going to post that excerpt, I’d have offered you some wine in my office!  Thank you Kenzie.

 

(Blowing on my snack)  You’re most welcome.  Rain check on the wine?

You bet.  Where will I be able to find this book again, to tell my friends?

 

My links:

Website: www.mollydaniels.wordpress.com

 

Blog: http://kenziemichaels.blogspot.com

 

Face Book Page:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-Kenzie-Michaels/248105468603737

 

Twitter: www.twitter.com/kenziemichaels

 

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Kenzie-Michaels/e/B004TYM7FE/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

 

Nook:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/kenzie-michaels?keyword=kenzie+michaels&store=eb\

ook

 

ARE: http://www.allromanceebooks.com/storeSearch.html

 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting me today Holly! For a bonus, I'll award a free copy of HLC to a comment at random:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the interview. I keep wanting to do that on my blog, but never seem to find the time. That, and I'm not sure what to ask her. LOL But back to you. The books sound interesting and I loved the excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful interview. I can only imagine how much fun it would be to get to know an alien, especially one as hunky as yours! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cindy: Thank you:) Sometimes the interview goes off on strange tangents, and it's hard to reel them back on topic:)

    @Melissa: Thank you! Fun, and a bit terrifying, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete